Friday, November 7, 2008

The Story

I got the call from daycare yesterday morning:

"Hi, this is daycare calling. Greyson tripped over a toy and hit his head on the bookshelf. It, um, broke the skin. It stopped bleeding and he's not even crying but um...I think he might need stitches."

So I remain calm and go to get him. He is in a great mood when I get there and runs up to me. Aaaaaand I can see his skull. My stomach gave a little turn but I think I managed to keep my smile.

We drove over to an urgent care/doctor's office. On the way there he told me that he had ice in a bag to make him feel better. And apparently what made him feel better was eating the ice out of the bag. Why not?

When we got there he was still all smiles and they took one look and sent us right back. Both the doctor and the nurse were VERY nice. They were calm and reassuring, talked directly to G, and answered his one million questions. Well, they actually answered variations of, "What's THAT?" one million times. He was still happy while we held gel on it and even while we wrapped him up in the "papoose" - a board and basically to the ankles straitjacket. 3 seconds into the numbing shot he started screaming bloody murder and did not stop. The nurse and I held his head tightly while he freaked. He screamed, "I DONE WITH THIS!" over and over. At this point I did start to get a little clammy, especially when he got the darting crazy overexcited horse eyeballs. When the finished they rushed to unstrap him and release him into my arms. He sat right up and said, "I get lollipop, please?" -didn't even want a hug.

Whew. Good thing he gets over things reallyreally fast. He proceeded to charm all of the nurses and we went and got him a lollipop AND a new little car.

Then I brought him back to school with me to eat a "special" lunch (cafeteria food!) and hang for awhile. Then I **coughcough** took him back to daycare. What? He felt fine and looked tired and I had a busy afternoon at school and a newborn shoot. The daycare people looked at me like a was bonkers when we walked back in. So shine the 'ol Mother of the Year award and pop it in the mail anytime you want.

These pics were taken this morning after I had to hold him down and tear off half of his forehead when I removed the band-aid (to check for weird stuff - not just for pictures, I swear). He was unhappy with me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Horribly HORRIBLY traumatized as you can see.

This is what Tim had to say:
"Seventy-five dollars? Really?"
If I could have jumped through the phone and strangled him I would have! ;)

He is taking him to get them out is all I have to say to that.

3 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

Mia just saw G's pics and said that he had an ant on his head...kinda looks like legs of an ant, I guess.
I'm glad he's doing so well. LOVE the pony.
Ugh just thought of the skull part and the straight jacket...I'm SOOOO sorry!

Christen said...

Dude, been there. It sucks. G took it better than Aidan did. Give him a kiss from me.

Andrea said...

Ouch.

Good to hear G's doing well.